For all the Hillary bashers to continue to promulgate all these unsubstantiated claims about her being bought and paid for, corrupt, a liar, owned by the banks and Monsanto…here are some indisputable facts:
1. She has served very closely with two of the most successful presidents in recent memory. Bill Clinton and Barack Obama. She has been instrumental in the success of both of those presidencies.
2. She has vast experience in foreign and domestic policy.
3. She was an extremely popular Senator in NY, having been elected to two terms.
4. As first lady, she was instrumental in advancing the idea of Universal Health Care, which the Repub congress shot down. It was this model that Obama used to get the ACA passed.
5. Anyone who has ever interviewed her says that she is supremely brilliant and knowledgeable about the issues facing the country and the world.
6. And this might be the most important thing: She’s not a left-wing ideologue. Her opinions are more toward the center than many Liberals, like myself, prefer. But it is that tendency toward that middle that makes her electable, especially in this time when so many Repubs will be looking for an alternative to Trump.
7. Finally, she is the most vetted, most scrutinized politician, probably in history. We know virtually everything there is to know about her. Those who have tried to trip her up have failed time and again.
Say all you like about Benghazi, emails, Monsanto and speeches. Those are simply words, all devoid of substance. They are Repub talking points and nothing more. Not a single one has been validated.
Hillary will be good for our country. No president is ever perfect. We can only chose from those who run. Bernie was a good influence on the process, and hopefully many of his ideas will come to fruition, but Hillary is the one with the contacts and experience to get it done.